Below are the steps involved in Chapter Development for organizations that plan to offer live NYSCA, NYSOA, and/or PAYS clinics. Those organizations planning to exclusively offer NYSCA, NYSAA or PAYS Online Clinics only need to complete the chapter application.
1. Appoint a Chapter Director - serves as the primary contact for the chapter. The Chapter Director is responsible for ensuring the chapter conducts the training program in accordance with the NYSCA's procedural guidelines.
2. Complete the NAYS Chapter application - completed by the Chapter Director. Click here to complete online: CHAPTER APPLICATION
3. Complete the NAYS Chapter Agreement - completed by the Chapter Director at the same time as the application.
4. Appoint and train clinician(s) - Shortly after submitting the application and agreement you will receive an email with the materials to train a clinician for your chapter. (*You may also receive a short questionnaire to complete before this step*)
Notes about clinicians: The training materials (a manual & short exam) to train the clinician (clinic facilitator) are provided at no cost by NAYS. The clinician can be the same as the Chapter Director. A chapter may have one or more clinicians to assist in conducting live clinics.
5. Order training videos/DVDs, clinic paperwork and Youth Sports Journals. Clinics materials are sent from NAYS Headquarters to the Chapter Director upon notification of a clinic date and number of participants expected in the clinic. The membership fee of $20 per coach must be prepaid before receiving their materials for the first clinic order. [Example, ordering for 10 coaches = $200.00]
6. After first clinic, submit completed clinic paperwork to NAYS Headquarters for processing. Once clinic rosters are processed at NAYS Headquarters, we mail each participant their membership card with a detachable key tag. Clinic participants will now have access to all their membership benefits!
Once you submit your clinic paperwork, your NAYS Chapter is fully active! Please note membership and insurance benefits are only valid once clinic rosters and fees have been submitted by a NAYS Clinician or Chapter Director and processed by NAYS Headquarters. To remain an active chapter you must run clinics yearly. Members must renew their membership yearly as well to remain active. They can do this by renewing online, through the mail, by calling our Member Services Department or through their local chapter.
Chapters offering live clinics also have the option of referring coaches to complete the NYSCA Online Clinic at www.nays.org/nyscaonline, referring volunteer administrators to the NYSAA Online Clinic at www.nysaa-online.org and asking parents to complete the PAYS Online program at http://paysonline.nays.org.
NEXT: Chapter Application
Would you like more information? Request an Online Demo with a NAYS representative